Giannini Garden Warranty Policy
- Giannini guarantees items for 6 months after the customer purchases the item. This ensures that Giannini Garden items are guaranteed at the customer’s house regardless of how long items were in FountainsUSA. Giannini will not be responsible for any mishandling of Giannini merchandise.
How to Maintain Giannini Fountains
- All Giannini Garden Ornaments should be handled with care. Keep the water level in your fountain filled to the rim, or your fountain could develop a crack. Do not fill your fountain with cold water when the fountain is hot to the touch. Cold water in a hot fountain can shock the concrete and make it crack. Fill your fountain bowls in the early morning or in the late evening when your fountain has cooled down.
- Never let your fountain run dry or your pump will be damaged. A pump that has run dry for an excessive amount of time will not be covered by our warranty. Pumps should ALWAYS be fully submerged.
- During the winter months, protect your fountain from harsh or freezing weather by draining the fountain and covering it with a weather proof tarp, or dismantle it and store it indoors. This will also protect your fountain from cracks.
- Keep your bowls clear of leaves and debris so that the water pump does not get clogged. Cleaning the filter of the water pump often keeps the pump working longer.
- If the fountain develops algae or build up, drain the water from the fountain, and with a brush, scrub off and rinse the build up from the surface. Try not to scrub too hard or vigorously, and do not use bleach. Doing so may cause the finish to come off.
- To prevent algae build up, use an algae reducer solution, such as Fountec or Crystal Clear Sparkle, to reduce any build up.
For Customers Living In Hard Water Or Mineral Rich Water Areas (Please Read- Very Important)
- Hard water should be filtered before filling your fountain; you can use a hose-attached prefilter, such as the PreFresh Spa & Pool Water Fill Filter, available online or at a local swimming pool supply store. In areas with severe hard water, only distilled water should be used to fill your fountains. Filtering the water will remove most of the mineral content in hard water, however, lime scale and white residue can still appear on your fountain, which should be removed immediately.
- Any white residue (white scale, lime scale, calcium buildup, or efflorescence) that builds up on the fountain should be removed immediately. This buildup is normal and unavoidable in areas with a high mineral content in the local water supply. The best way to remove any white residue would be to gently scrub a mixture of Protec or (CrystalClear-SubLime) and water along the surface of the fountain. A mixture of 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts water will also work and removing any white residue.
- Failure to remove any white residue will stain and/or damage the fountain. Giannini Garden Ornament’s warranty does not cover damage from white scale, lime scale, calcium buildup, or efflorescence.
- DO NOT PUT CHLORINE OR OTHER POOL CHEMICALS IN YOUR FOUNTAIN. CHLORINE WILL DAMAGE THE PUMP AND DISCOLOR THE CONCRETE. FOUNTAIN AND PUMP DAMAGE DUE TO CHLORINE WILL NOT BE COVERED BY OUR WARRANTY.
Excellent service and very easy process!
Smart Solar Zen Elephant Solar Fountain 10392M01
Not only was the shipping prompt but the product is tops. Would definitely recommend FountainsUSA but also this product
Smart Solar Bell Flower Glass Solar Birdbath 20223R01